Sunday, November 2, 2008

Card Time!

Hi Everyone!

I think it's time I actually put some CARDS on here....
Usually I make them especially for someone, but this week I've made 3 cards just for the fun of making cards - and really enjoyed it!

Here they are....

"Glamour Forever"

For this card I used a stamp I got in a Rubber Romance Grab Bag (so I don't know it's name), but decided I would just 'have a go' with it! It's coloured with my wonderful Prisma pencils and blended with Baby Oil.

The paper is all CM from the Vintage range, I just printed the sentiment on my computer, and added some Primas and Kaisercraft Latte Pearls.


"For the Love of Shoes!"

I had SO much fun with this one! I received the image as a PIF from JBgreendawn (thanks so much Stacy!!) - it's called Vivian from Rubber Romance and I've always loved it but never been game to make anything with it!
The black floral paper is Kaisercraft, and I coloured the image with my Prisma pencils and baby oil. You can't really see in the picture... but the hat and handbag are double-layered with mounting foam for added dimension. I also added some 'bling' for her (she needed a diamond the way she was holding that hand!!), and a little Prima and black rhinestone to finish. I had some gorgeous black and white ribbon I was dying to use... but in the end decided it would have been too much (oh .... when to stop??!) LOL!

"Good Friends"

This is my first attempt at 'paper-piecing'! So fiddly, but so fun and worth it! I had a lot of fun 'dressing' them LOL! The image is MFT Meet Me at the Cafe (I love this image, and huge thanks to Lena - Tackertwosome for sending me some through WRAK!!).
And it was expecially fun because I intentially used colours I don't normally use... The awning is Coordinations (each piece individually cut and mounted - phew!), the background and paperpiecing is from Stamping Up pieces that I have received through WRAK - thank you so much to my WRAK friends!!
I finished it off with a strip of grosgrain ribbon, a Prima and a brad.

I think I finally found this "mojo" you all speak of!!! ...hope it holds...LOL!
Thanks for dropping in!
Shannah xox

3 comments:

C said...

These are fabulous! Love 'em! So glad you had a chance to make some cards just for the heck of it!! :D

Kim said...

So cute!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Shanna,
These cards are all cute! I love the shoes one!

I can not remember if I left you a comment yesterday or not????

I came here, but I do not remember leaving a comment.

So any who I have entered you in the blog candy drawing on my site for the 2 week challenge

Now off to look at some more of your great creations!

Heather Schlatter of:
Heather's Heavinly Stampations