As most of you know, I had a bit of a scare last week.... a visit to the hospital with anaphylactic shock, and all a little bit too close for comfort to a nasty outcome.
Aside from the obvious shock my body is going through (totally underestimated by me!), I had also underestimated the psychological effects of a close call.
For the first time I have realised "What Really Matters To Me".
I'm not one to share my feelings a lot - I think deep, and analyse EVERYTHING to within an inch of it's life! - but not many really know what goes on below the surface.
But all of a sudden, it feels REALLY important to let the people I care about KNOW I care about them.... acknowledge things I APPRECIATE.... do what I enjoy NOW.
(Think they adjusted my sap-o-metre to high at that darn hospital!)
I have so many special people who have touched my life - I'm so lucky I can still let them know how much they mean to me. Not everyone gets that second chance....
So, I want make this my chance to improve my life life where I can, and stop complaining about things that are out of my control. After all, this is my life. I'd really better make the absolute most of it!
Love, Shannah xox