Sunday, December 14, 2014

Whimsy Inspiration - Winter Hat Border

Hi Everyone!
I have some Whimsy inspiration to share with you today!

Today I've made a CAS Christmas card using the cute new 'Winter Hat Border Die' and 'Winter Brackets' sentiments from Raindrop Echo Designs. Both are available at the Whimsy Stamps store.


I die-cut the Winter Hat Border twice - once in red and once in white cardstock. I then trimmed and adhered the white sections onto the red hats. I strung them across a panel of Square Lattice embossed cardstock, and added twine for them to hang from.


I stamped the sentiment in rich cocoa ink, framed with cardstock, and mounted at the bottom of the card. I added a final santa hat using mounting foam.

Hope you like it!

Here's what I used:
Whimsy Stamps Products:  'Winter Hat Border Die' and 'Winter Brackets' sentiments by Raindrop Echo Designs
, available at Whimsy Stamps;
Colouring Medium/Ink: Memento 'Rich Cocoa';
Papers: Cardstock - S/U and Bazzill;
Embellishments: SU Square Lattice embossing folder, Garden Twine;

Tools/Other: Manual die-cutting machine, Mounting Foam.

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh this is so fun. Loving the Christmas hat bunting and the paper which looks like a knitted jersey - gives lovely texture.
Hugs
DesĂ­re
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous cad Shannah - that row of hats is fabulous.
Blessings
Maxine