Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Whimsy May Facebook Challenge!

Hi Everyone!

Today I'm here to share my card for this months Whimsy Stamps Facebook Challenge! 

Please hop over and join the Whimsy Stamps and Inspiration Facebook Group  (if you haven't already) and play along with our May challenge - you could win a $15 Whimsy gift voucher!
The Whimsy Rubber DT are sharing our inspirational creations throughout the first weeks of the month, but you have the whole month to enter!

The theme for May is "Sparkles"!

This adorable image is from our most recent Whimsy Stamps New Release, and is called "Mary" by Wee Stamps. I have also used the "Double Scallop Doily Die" from Whimsy Shapeology Dies - I use this die a lot because it's the perfect size for these cute larger images.

 
 I know "Mary" is wearing a frilly dress, but being from the country I imagined more of a little farm girl, so I went with that! ;)
Here is a better angle to see some of the sparkles...

 
 I used Copics to colour the image, and some chalks to create a soft sky background. The papers are from Carta Bella called "Giddy Up - Girl", and I've also used a couple of the printed embellishments.


This card did make me think of a sweet friend of mine, 'LuvLee' Lee Murphy. She loves her country mountain home, loves pink, loves sparkles, and was one of my first stamping friends. Hi Lee if you see this! ;) (You can see Lee's beautiful creations on her Blog "My Reality... It's All Good").

Hope you like my card... and I hope you'll join us in the  Whimsy Stamps Facebook Challenge!

Have a great week!

Here's what I used on my card:
Whimsy Stamps Products: "Mary" by Wee Stamps, and "Double Scallop Doily Die" from Whimsy Shapeology Dies,  both available at Whimsy Stamps.
Colouring Medium/Ink: Memento 'Tuxedo' Ink, Copics (B0000/000/00/01/02, E000/00/02/04/11/23/25/27/30/31/33/41/42/43/44/47/50, R20/81/83/85, YG11/17/61/63/67, W00/1/3/5, Y15/26), Distress Ink 'Frayed Burlap',
Pebbles Inc Pearlescent Chalk;
Papers: Cardstock - Bazzil; DP - Carta Bella 'Giddy Up - Girl';

Embellishments: I Am Roses 'Sweetheart Blossoms'& Roses, Recollections Rhinestone Stickers (Thank you for these Janice! :) ).
Tools/Other: Cuttlebug and Embossing Mat, Mounting Foam.

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cute image - you have coloured her beautifully, and I like the juxtaposition of the very feminine girl and the western look to the sentiments.
Blessings
Maxine