Friday, January 24, 2014

Whimsy Stamps January Rubber & Die Release - Day 4

Hi everyone and welcome to Day 4 of the Whimsy Stamps January Rubber & Die Release!

Today the Whimsy DT is holding a blog hop to share creations made with the brand new Crissy Armstrong and Elisabeth Bell stamps that were released yesterday. All of our January release is now available to buy from the Whimsy Store and all good Whimsy Stamps retailers!

We are hiding FOUR prizes of 2 new release rubber stamps on the DT’s blogs throughout the 5-day release event. You have until the end of the release week to leave comments on ALL the daily DT blog posts. We will draw the lucky winners over the weekend and announce them here on the Whimsy blog on Monday (January 27th).

For my card today I used "I Will Carry You" by Crissy Armstrong - I just love this sweet image! I think this is adorable and can be for boys or girls, kids or grown-ups! ;) SO cute!

I also used "Singing In the Rain" sentiments with the matching "Umbrella Die", and the "Double Scallop Doily Die", all available at Whimsy Stamps.
The papers are from a cute MME 'Quite Contrary' 6x6 pad, and I also used these papers to paper-piece parts of the image. I also double mounted parts of the image to create even more depth.

 
The papers are from a cute MME 'Quite Contrary' 6x6 pad, and I also used these papers to paper-piece parts of the image. I also double mounted parts of the image to create even more depth.


I added Stickles to some of the paper's raindrops - it's hard to see in the photos, but it looks good IRL... you'll just have to trust me LOL! ;)


I hope you like my card - I sure had fun making this one!

To take a peek at the rest of the team's creations, please click on the links below...


Please join us again tomorrow for our final release day hop! Happy hopping!

Here's what I used on my card:
Whimsy Stamps Products: "I Will Carry You" by Crissy Armstrong, "Singing In the Rain" sentiments and matching "Umbrella Die", and "Double Scallop Doily Die", all available at Whimsy Stamps.
Colouring Medium/Ink: Memento 'Tuxedo' Ink, Copics, Distress Ink 'Antique Linen';

Papers: Cardstock - Bazzill; DP - My Mind's Eye 'Quite Contrary - Jack & Jill' 6x6 papers;
Embellishments: Roses and Sweetheart Blossoms from I Am Roses, Ranger 'Stardust' Stickles, Want2Scrap Red Pearls;
Tools/Other: Cuttlebug and Embossing Mat, Scissors for fussy cutting, Mounting Foam.

35 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is adorable, Shannah! I love the papers and sweet image! Fantastic card!

Iris said...

Amazing card - love the bright colors and the paper piecing.
buisoscia@aol.comnnies

heidy said...

Such a cute and gorgeous card Shannah!!
XXX Heidy

Danni said...

Adorable! Love the paper piecing!

RoseC said...

Awww...Shannah, your beautifully colored I Will Carry You looks fabulous on this sweet card. Lovin' your popped up effects. TFS! Hugz, ~ Rose

Sharla said...

I can see the stickles on the raindrops, it does look fabulous!! Cute card, that image is adorable, love that little turtle face!!

Unknown said...

Soo cuuute.. :) great work..

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

totally cute card!

Nancy Hjortness said...

Very cute card ----love the little umbrella sentiment too --Nancy

JoanneO said...

I just love this stamp! Great colors and the way you put it all together!

Sabrina said...

Oh my goodness.. Your card is so adorable and beautiful!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

So sweet. Love the paper piecing. TFS

Unknown said...

Great card. Lve the paper piercing. and the stickles are a great touch! TFS

meine-bastelarena said...

Too cute! Love your paper piecing and the papers with the tiny raindrops on them. Hugs, Bastelarena

Anonymous said...

Fabulous ! What a gorgeous card x

Karina said...

Gorgeous card, Shannah. Such a sweet image. And I love your paper piecing.
Hugs, Karina

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is the cutest thing...such a fun image. And, love how you put colorful boots on that turtle with the piceing. Also great on the umbrella. Thanks for sharing. I love this card!

Laila B. said...

Fantastic...lovely image, gorgeous color combination and sweet details. Love love love....

Bev said...

Love this card, it definitely makes me smile. The paper piecing is awesome.

Patty said...

This is an adorable card!! The image is so cute, and love the color combo you used!

Tami B. said...

There are so many things I love about this card but the dotted rain boots are my favorite.

kiwimeskreations said...

Shannah this is such a cute card - and such fun!! love it.
Blessings
Maxine

Carmen said...

They are so cute. I love the sentiment.

PoJo said...

Adorable! Love the color combination! Great sentiment!

Mommyeyedr said...

what an adorable card! The turtle is so cute!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Love the paper piecing!

Unknown said...

So precious...just love this!

Ann-Marie said...

Just beautiful Shannah, love the colours and the whole theme of the card. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

loulou said...

Fantastic card. I love your colours and papers. The paper piecing looks amazing. I love the umbrella die and sentiment.

tina said...

Im in love with this card love it totally well doe you

Carole Pollard said...

This is just the cutest stamp your design is gorgeous lovely colours Love and Happy Crafting Carle x

Julie said...

Lovely card, pretty colours and cute image.

Dr Sonia S V said...

The tortoise looks so cute and love the color combination
Cheers
Dr Sonia
soniasv@rediffmail.com

Sandra H said...

As always your card and image is absolutely stunning truly gorgeous colouring and adorable image xx

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Wonderful card. Love your paper piecing and the pattern papers. The umbrella and sentiment really finish this card beautifully.