Just dropping in today to share a card I made some time ago for the Whimsy Inspiration Magazine Issue 12.
For this card I used "I Smell Spring" digital image by Crissy Armstrong and "Spring Sentiments" by Raindrop Echo Designs. The papers are from Simple Stories 'Summer Fresh' 6x6 papers, and this was the very first time I have ever stitched on a card!
1. Create a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square card blank using white cardstock.
2. Cover card front with pink Bazzill cardstock 5 1/2" square.
3. Cut a piece of Simple Stories 'Summer Fresh' paper 5 1/4" and stitch around just inside edge using sewing machine, then adhere to card.
4. Die-cut Lacey Circle to fit behind coloured image, and scalloped square to fit behind sentiment.
5. Mount sentiment and image onto card.
6. Create a bow and fix it to the top left corner with a rose to finish.
7. Complete card with ‘Leaf Flourish’ die and additional roses.
Hope you like my card, and have a great week!
Whimsy Stamps products: "I Smell Spring" by Crissy Armstrong, "SpringSentiments" by Raindrop Echo Designs; Coloring Medium/Ink: Copic Markers (R000/01/02/20, C3/5/7, BG000/11/13/18, YG03/11), Chalks; Papers: Bazzill CS, Simple Stories 'Summer Fresh' 6x6 papers; Embellishments: 'Pale Aqua' Satin Ribbon, Baby Pink and Aqua Roses from WOC; Tools/Other: Cuttlebug and embossing mat, Sewing Machine, White Cotton, MFT Leaf Flourish Die, Nestabilities Small Circles, Lacey Circles and Scalloped Squares.